Onnit

New MOOD by Onnit

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Changing Names Around

New MOOD by Onnit

      Thanks to this page, I was started changing the names around for my current ebook named Golden Sharks.  The world building page guide gives detail on mood and culture.  I originally gave my characters all Greek names, then I only gave the mermaids Greek names.  When the setting was no longer in modern day Earth, I felt I needed to change the names again.

    The humans were given, hopefully easy to pronounce, fantasy names and the merpeople were given ancient real life names that I feel were uncommon in our present day society.  
  
 For example...

1. "John" (human) became "Joht" and then became "Raziel".
2. Apollo (merman) became "Parazifel", then "Halvor".
3. (Some fantasy names for some humans) "Tizmer" and "Cancor"
    
 These are just examples from Golden Sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment