Onnit

New MOOD by Onnit

Monday, September 23, 2013

Writing Myself to Sleep

Zzz

I have been writing while following a schedule to the best I can for some time now.  For some reason I lack the skills to type my story directly into Microsoft Word.  When writing on paper, I find my words come out a lot easier.  When I open up Microsoft Word, without preparing anything on paper, it takes me a few minutes for me to type a single paragraph.

As far as a schedule of at least 30 minutes a day, writing myself to sleep has worked well for me.
Sitting down on my bed, putting a pen to paper and writing away till I fall asleep.  The best part about this process is that I tend to dream about the last activity I have done before sleeping.  Dreams can provide a lot of writing material for me to work with in future stories.

I would like to know what other techniques others have used in order to continue writing.
As for my story, the story has changed from what information I posted about it a few months ago.  I hope to finish the rough draft or at least come close to finishing some time in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment